Blackberry Chutney Cheeseburger Recipe
This is the first chutney I ever made, which I originally blogged about at Parade Magazine. It was a blackberry chutney, which I made as a topper for some homemade pimento cheeseburgers. Delicious!
To assemble your burgers, spread a little pimento cheese on each side of your burger bun. Spoon a little bit of the blackberry chutney on top of the pimento cheese on the bottom bun. Then, place your cooked burger patty on the bottom bun, add the top bun, close and enjoy!
- 1½ lbs ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 oz pimento cheese, (always add more if you like)
- 4 burger buns
- 2 pints (about 12 oz) fresh blackberries
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Form the 1½ pounds of ground beef into four burger patties.
- Place the patties in a pan, dust with salt and pepper and cook, on both sides, over medium heat till desired doneness.
- Place the blackberries, sugar and water in a pot. Turn on low to medium heat.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, and diced onion.
- Stir and allow to simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes till thick.
- Once the chutney thickens, place in a bowl and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran