Jalapeño Hamburger Sliders Recipe
The jalapeños in these sliders give what might otherwise be a traditional recipe more kick and flavor. I usually deseed my jalapeños, but you can always leave a few in if you want to make the recipe spicier.
Another trick I like is to grate and mix the cheese in with the meat; the result is a much juicier burger than you’d get by placing a slice of cheese on top.
Remember: Whether you choose to grill your burgers or follow my pan-fry instructions below, don’t press down on the burgers while they’re cooking to speed up the cooking process—all this does is expel the juices from the meat, leaving you with a dry burger.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 5 jalapeños, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package slider buns
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil and buns in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together. (I suggest using your hands.)
- Divide the meat mixture into eight pieces and shape each into a ½-inch-thick patty.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place the patties in the hot pan and let cook for 4 minutes on each side. You will know the meat is ready when the juices run clear or when you cut into one and see no pink inside.
- Place each burger on a bun and serve with your favorite condiments and side dishes.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography