Pear & Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza Recipe
I made the flatbread pizza recipe pictured above for my Parade Magazine food blog, and I wanted to share it with you on Kitchenability as well. It’s a Pear and Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza, topped with fresh arugula and prosciutto. So. Good.
I love Pizza Night (or, Flatbread Pizza Night) because it’s fun to invent all sorts of new toppings combinations. Some of the other successful pizza recipes I’ve concocted recently are:
Both are REALLY good.
Also, for a traditional red-sauce pizza, you’ve got to try my quick and easy Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe. It’ll provide a flavorful base for you pies!
What are some of your favorite pizza and/or flatbread pizza recipes? What are your favorite toppings?
- 1 roll pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 pears, peeled and sliced
- 11 oz soft goat cheese
- ½ cup champagne pear vinaigrette (Trader Joe's brand)
- 2 cups arugula (add more if desired)
- 5 slices prosciutto
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cook pizza dough as instructed on package. I used an artisan whole wheat dough, but you may use any pre-made dough.
- Peel and slice pears and place in a sauté pan with the vinaigrette and cinnamon. Cook for 10 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Once pizza dough is finished cooking, spread goat cheese on top of it.
- Follow by pouring the cooked pears over the goat cheese.
- Then, top with the arugula and sliced prosciutto.
- Slice and serve!
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran