Quick and Easy Greek Yogurt Chicken Recipe
Now that my days of being child-free are becoming numbered, and we are getting closer and closer to meeting our daughter, I thought I would hit the kitchen and whip up this yummy Greek yogurt chicken recipe.
I know that in the weeks following her birth, cooking may be the last thing on my mind — at least for a little while. I will be focusing more on her, and less on gourmet meals! I will, though, be looking for quick and easy meals to fix!
We have some family that are planning to help by bringing delicious dishes to us in the weeks following Eleanor’s arrival, which I know will be such a big help! All of my mom friends have said that the first few weeks are the hardest. Things like a clean house and cooking will fall to the side, because you are so busy getting acclimated to a new life with a new baby. A new life, and a new routine.
So in the spirit of quick and easy recipes, I came up with this one for Greek yogurt chicken the other night! It is not only a great, healthy dish that’s packed with protein, but it’s not too hard to prep or cook up either!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika (you can make it a ¼ of a tsp if you don’t want too much heat)
- Scoop Greek yogurt into a large bowl. Add all spices, garlic, and olive oil and mix well.
- Place chicken in the Greek yogurt mixture and coat chicken well. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, heat another teaspoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, and place chicken breasts in the pan, with the marinade coated on it.
- Cook chicken about 10 minutes. Flip to the other side, lower the heat and cook for another 10 minutes. Cook chicken till it reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.
- I served the chicken with roasted potatoes and asparagus, but it would pair well with any vegetable. Enjoy!
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran