National Taco Day: Soft Chicken Tacos Recipe
Tomorrow, October 4, is National Taco Day! Let’s celebrate!
At our house, chicken tacos are a weekly staple. Each week we alter the recipe a bit to test out different flavors, and this experiment was a serious winner. This time, we added Annie’s green garlic dressing to the chicken and we fell in love with it. So good!
We love making tacos because they are simple, delicious and you can get creative with them.
Here’s a delicious Chicken Tacos recipe, thanks to Annie’s:
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup Annie’s green garlic dressing
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (adds a nice kick)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken in sauté pan on low, pour in dressing and spices. Cook for 15 minutes until fully cooked through.
- Heat tortillas. We personally like to fry our corn tortillas in a bit of vegetable oil for a few seconds. Or, you could heat them directly in the pan with no oil, or microwave them for a few seconds.
- Place some chicken onto a tortilla and add the toppings of your choice.
Some tasty additions to consider adding to your tacos: avocado, onion, tomato, lettuce and cheese.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran