Holiday Eats & Treats: Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Sweet potato soup is one of my favorite healthy “treats” to make during the holiday season.
It’s sweet. It’s seasonal. And a bowlful or mugful of this will really hit the spot on the coldest of December days.
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken stock ( add more if need to thin it out)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp tbsp maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into cubes and place them on a pan lined with aluminum foil. Drizzle a little olive oil on top. Place them in the oven and roast them for 15 minutes. Check and make sure you can put a fork through them with ease, and, if so, they are done.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven, put them in a blender or a food processor and puree. As you are pureeing the potatoes, slowly pour in the chicken stock.
- Once the potatoes are smooth and to the consistency you like, add them to a pot and place on the stove. Mix in cream, nutmeg, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Allow to simmer for a while, letting the sweet aromas fill the house and all of the flavors in the pot combine.
- Serve and enjoy!
Photo: “Sweet Potato Soup” by Alpha is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0