Weeknight Meal: Baked Herb Lemon Chicken Recipe
For this Baked Herb Lemon Chicken recipe, you can either buy a whole chicken and whack it in half, or buy two chicken halves.
It’s a really easy and healthy baked chicken recipe that pairs well with tons of sides. I opted to pair mine with homemade mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and sautéed mushrooms and onions.
It’s a simple and healthy weeknight meal. And, it’ll make your house smell amazing as the chicken is roasting in the oven.
- 2 halves of a whole chicken
- 4 lemon slices
- 2 tsp dried tarragon (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp lemon pepper (add more if desired)
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and rub with olive oil.
- Place sliced lemons on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle dried herbs on top of the chicken.
- Place chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, up the temperature to 400 degrees for 20 minutes until chicken is done, and tender.
- Cut up and serve with desired sides.
Photo: Nisa Burns