Being in college can be challenging. All the exams, the stress, the focus solely on school and not on your next meal. Well here are two simple breakfast on the go meals that won’t require too much thinking or too much prep time, so you can focus mainly on school.
Both recipes are from my book Kitchenability 101: The College Student’s Guide to Easy, Healthy, and Delicious Food.
Banana Cinnamon Waffle
An amazing breakfast sandwich. This takes less than 5 minutes to make and can be wrapped up and taken on the go with you!
- 2 waffles of your choice
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Toast the waffles to desired doneness
2. Spread peanut butter on one side of each waffle
3. Slice banana into 1/4-inch rounds
4. Place banana on top of your layer of peanut butter, sprinkle cinnamon, and then drizzle the honey
5. Nom. Nom. Nom.
Miss You, Mom Oatmeal
This is an easy recipe that requires little effort. It can be made in a microwave and can be stored in a thermos for on the go!
- 1 packet of low-sugar instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup seasonal fruit of your choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Pour oatmeal in a bowl and prepare according to package instructions
2. Slice fruit
3. Put a plate on top on the bowl to help keep oatmeal hot and to help marinate the oatmeal and fruit together
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon
5. Place in a thermos or bowl and you’re ready to go!
Both of these dishes will help you get a running start to your first class in the morning! Do you have any other favorite fast-and-easy breakfast on the go recipes?
Tags: banana cinnamon waffle recipe, breakfast on the go, breakfast recipes, easy breakfast recipes, fast breakfast recipe, healthy easy breakfast recipe, kitchenability 101, miss you mom oatmeal recipe, oatmeal and fruit recipe, quick breakfast recipe, simple breakfast recipe