Feta-Spiked Turkey Burger Recipe
When we were little, my sister and I refused to eat plain turkey burgers, so my mom improvised. She added the great bold flavor of feta, which is a very strong cheese, along with spinach, which can be very pungent as well. Then she added garlic to make the ultimate healthy burger.
Dust off the grill and give them a try! Or, you can follow my pan-fry cooking instructions below.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (10-oz) bag fresh baby spinach
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 (6-oz) container crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 package burger buns
- Chop the garlic until very fine, like grains of sand.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large pot, and melt over medium heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and sauté until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Chop the spinach into one-inch pieces.
- Add the spinach, salt, and pepper to the pot. Mix and cook until the spinach leaves are wilted and dark green in color.
- Sprinkle in the feta cheese and mix well.
- Add the ground turkey and mix until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Divide the meat into quarters and form into ½-inch-thick patties.
- Cook the patties over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Flip the patties every 2 to 3 minutes. You will know they are done when the juices run clear and the meat is light brown all through the center. Use a knife to cut into the centers to make sure the meat is cooked.
- Serve on buns.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography