Fun Halloween Recipe: Easy Pumpkin Muffins
October is here, which means Halloween is creeping up on us and the festivities are beginning!!!
I love Halloween. Even though I am a “scaredy cat” about haunted houses, creepy hay rides and mazes, I love the whole experience of Halloween. I love dressing up, the fall weather, and of course the fall treats.
Over the years I have enjoyed dressing up in a variety of different costumes. The majority of which have been handmade.
Two of my favorite couples costumes (yep, my husband and I like to dress up together) have been: iPod head phones, and a tree and a lumberjack. Gotta love the couples costumes! But, I know what you’re really here for: Halloween treats!
Pumpkin Muffins are one of my favorite Halloween recipes. They’re easy to make and they’re very portable, so you can bring them to any Halloween party to delight your friends.
- 3⅓ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup veg. oil
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 cups of can pumpkin
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 3-4 cups of powdered sugar
- splash of milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl, set aside
- In a second bowl, add pumpkin, water, veg. oil and eggs; slowly add sugar to mixture along with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- Once mixed well, slowly start to add the dry ingredients, by ½ cup fulls, to the wet ingredients
- Use electric mixer to fully mix through
- Place paper cupcake holders in a muffin tin and pour batter into holders
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- While the muffins are in the oven, start making the frosting
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat it with a splash of milk for a smoother consistency
- Once smooth, slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla
- Once frosting is at the right consistency, cover the bowl and set aside
- Once muffins are done, do not ice right away since muffins will be too hot
- Allow muffins to cool up to 40 mins and then frost!
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography