Let’s Brunch: Nutella French Toast Recipe
One of my favorite french toast recipes is my Nutella French Toast—one of the many tasty treats showcased in my cookbook, Kitchenability 101.
Nutella’s creamy, nutty, chocolaty taste screams flavor. Pair it with bananas, cinnamon, whipped cream and syrup, and you’ve got yourself a delectably brunch-tastic treat.
This would make a great Mother’s Day treat, too! Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp Nutella (add more if you want)
- 4 slices bread
- 2 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter or cooking oil spray
- 1 Tbsp whipped cream (optional)
- Syrup (optional)
- Spread the Nutella on one side of each slice of bread.
- Slice the bananas into ¼ -inch rounds. Place the banana slices on the Nutella on two slices of bread. Place the other slices of bread, Nutella-side-down, on top of them, creating a sandwich.
- Mix the eggs, chocolate milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl. Whisk them all together until everything is mixed.
- Place butter or cooking oil spray in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Dip both sandwiches in the mixture, coating both sides and soaking the bread.
- Pick up one corner of each sandwich with tongs or your fingers and let the excess mixture drip into the bowl.
- Place the sandwiches in the hot pan.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Top the French toast with more banana slices.
- Add the whipped cream, if desired, and pass the syrup.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography