Nutella Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
Brownies are my favorite dessert. They’re easy to make and they’re always a crowd-pleaser.
This recipe for peanut butter brownies with Nutella swirled in is especially to die for, with its extra layers of peanut butter and chocolate-y gooey goodness.
Bake up a batch for your next gathering and let me know what you think!
- Butter or cooking oil spray for greasing baking dish
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ to 1 Tbsp butter (for chocolate mixture)
- 3 Tbsp Nutella
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a glass baking dish with butter or cooking oil spray.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, eggs, baking soda and salt.
- Add the peanut butter. Mix again.
- Add the flour, a quarter cup at a time, until well blended.
- Spread the mixture in the baking dish.
- Put the semi-sweet chocolate and ½ to 1 tablespoon of butter in a bowl and place in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir with a spoon to check if it's fully melted. If not, heat in microwave for another 30 seconds and check again. Do not burn the chocolate, but make sure it's fully melted.
- Stir the Nutella into the melted chocolate.
- Mix in the hazelnuts.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the batter in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Poke a knife in the center of the dish to check for doneness. If the knife comes out clean, it's done.
- Let cool for 30 minutes or more.
- Optional: Top with whipping cream and serve.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography