Picnic Recipes: Greek Salad Recipe with Lemon
Why not celebrate spring with a tasty outdoor picnic next weekend? (Or, on one of these spring days that decides to actually be warm.)
This healthy Greek salad recipe is a picnic must. It’s easy to make and travels well, so it’s great for picnics, BBQs and other springtime gatherings.
Or, pack it up and bring it with you to work for a quick bite! You’ll love how simple and fresh the flavors are.
What are some of your favorite recipes to pack for picnics?
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the cucumber, then slice into long quarters and remove the seeds. Dice into large cubes.
- Chop the olives in quarters.
- Mix the tomatoes, cucumber, and olives in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Add the feta cheese. Toss lightly.
- Let stand at room temperature for a ½ hour to let the flavors marinate before serving.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography