I know for some of you the idea of making an ice cream-based dessert during the cold, wintery months is crazy. But, not in the Kitchenability kitchen!
Honestly, an ice cream-based dessert is rarely to never turned down by me. Even in the midst of a blizzard, I think I’d still like to follow up my dinner with this uber yummy Bananas Foster Recipe.
It’s just so good!
First, watch me whip up some fried banana madness in the following video. Then, I’ve included the step-by-step instructions for making this simple-yet-satisfying dessert below.
Watch chef Nisa Burns make Bananas Foster
Bananas Foster Recipe
- 1 cup bourbon
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 scoops vanilla-bean ice cream
1. Pour the bourbon and fresh lime juice in a bowl.
2. Slice the bananas into 1/2-inch rounds and place them in the bowl of bourbon and lime juice.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate in fridge for about 30 minutes.
4. While the bananas are marinating, mix the cinnamon, sugar, flour, and water in a separate bowl. You want the consistency of the batter to be very similar to pancake batter. If it is lumpy, add a little more water and mix until smooth.
5. Pour the vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat over medium to high heat. When the oil starts to form bubbles, it’s ready for cooking. If the oil pops from the pan, it means it’s too hot. Be careful — don’t burn yourself!
6. Using tongs, remove the bananas from the bourbon and lime juice, dip them in the batter until fully coated, and place them in the hot oil. Cook about 3 or 4 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Place the cooked bananas on a paper towel on a plate. Optional: Lightly sprinkle bananas with sugar to give them some crunch on the outside.
8. Serve the hot bananas over vanilla-bean ice cream.
Lead Photo: Photography by Patrick Onofre
Tags: banana foster recipe, banana recipes, bananas foster recipe, bananas foster video, bananas foster with vanilla ice cream, dessert recipes, easy no bake desserts, how to make bananas foster, no bake desserts