How to Cook Acorn Squash
I’m sure you’ve noticed all of the beautiful squashes hitting the supermarkets and produce stands this fall. And, if you’re new to cooking, you may be a bit intimidated by how exactly to cut up and prepare them. Well, I’m here to tell you and to show you how easy it is!
Here’s a quick recipe and a step-by-step video that tackles how to cook acorn squash. Enjoy!
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- pinch cinnamon, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Cut the acorn squash in half. Cut the bottom to level it out so the acorn squash will sit level on a cookie sheet. Place squash face up on the cookie sheet.
- Clean the center of the squash by removing all seeds.
- Distribute the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon between the two halves of squash, placing the ingredients in their centers.
- Place in oven and roast for about 45 minutes till squash is tender.
And, here’s the video that walks you through the steps:
What’s your favorite way to prepare squash? Do you have a favorite variety?
Photo: Rob Ruscher