Cool Tips for Beating the Heat This Summer
Wow, it just shot right into summer. I feel as if I had, like, two weeks of spring and then all of a sudden — BAM! We’re getting 90 degree weather.
Well, to beat the heat I am doing a few things that are helping me to get through this hot weather lately:
1. My lab mix Archer has a kiddie pool. When we are out in the yard doing yard work or just hanging out, I make sure it is always full for him. Dogs don’t sweat, so heat exhaustion can be a serious thing. Plus, he loves laying in his pool. He can lay and roll around in it, and it makes me feel better as a pet parent.
2. I don’t have a thigh gap (most women don’t, unless you are teeny tiny), and we all know how much thigh sweat sucks!!!! So, seriously, this works… If I know I will be outside for a long period of time, I have been putting deodorant between my thighs. It makes things a lot more comfortable. You may think this sounds crazy, but try it. I am telling you… It is a life saver! I use Dove deodorant — nothing fancy.
3. Maxi dresses are a must during summer! At least they are for me. They’re loose fitting, comfortable and stylish. You can dress them up or down. They’re perfect for wearing to the beach or for a night out! I love my maxi dresses. Seriously. I couldn’t get through summer without them.
4. My summer hair cut! I chopped it off and I am loving my summer cut. It’s fun, sassy, short and low maintenance. Plus, I love the new, fun color!
5. I love enjoying a cold beverage in my Tervis cup. I love my Tervis. It keeps my cold drinks cold without sweating the glass, and it keeps my hot drinks hot! I take coffee in it every morning and then I fill it up with a nice, cold beverage when it’s super hot out!
How about you? What are some of your favorite ways to beat the heat? Share in the comments below.
Photos: Nisa Burns Cochran