My 5 Favorite Holiday Foods: What Are Yours?
I love so many of the foods that come with the holidays, but there are a few holiday foods that top my list of favorites.
1. Gingerbread cookies: It’s a family tradition to bake these from scratch every year. I love them! Biting into a homemade gingerbread cookie truly makes Christmas complete.
2. Creamed onions: I know these may sound a little different, but this is a family tradition that I’ve grown up on and man are they good!!!!!!! Here’s a link to a creamed onions recipe I found online that I like.
3. Peppermint ice cream with hot fudge: Peppermint ice cream only comes around once a year! I have to take advantage of it.
4. Sweet potato casserole: This is so yummy and the marshmallows on top only add to the deliciousness!
5. Peppermint bark: Who doesn’t love a little dark chocolate, white chocolate and candy canes all mixed together? I love it so much that I made a spin off of it — a Peppermint Bark Ice Cream!
What are your holiday favorites?
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran