Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe with Cilantro
Watch the video below to see me cooking up one of my all-time favorite dishes: Lemon Cilantro Chicken. The cilantro adds a nice twist to the usual lemon chicken recipe. And, it’s super easy to make.
You can easily plate this chicken up for a nice dinner, or shred it to put in salads or tacos….the sky’s the limit!
The magic is in the marinade.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 lemons
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pour the olive oil into a bowl, add the garlic, and squeeze the juice from the lemons into it. Toss the lemon rinds into the bowl after you squeeze them, to marinate and cook with the chicken.
- Add the chopped cilantro and the salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the mixture and coat with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let marinate for 20 to 30 minutes in the fridge so the meat can absorb the flavors.
- Pour the marinade with the chicken into a frying pan. Cook over low to medium heat. You are poaching the chicken, so it should just bubble at a low simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- The chicken is done when the meat turns from a translucent pink to a complete white, and pulls apart easily.
- Take the meat out of the pan and place it on a cutting board. Slice the chicken diagonally, into slices about ½-inch thick. Transfer to plates and serve with sauce from the pan.
You can find this recipe and more easy, healthy and delicious options in my cookbook, Kitchenability 101.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography