Healthy Dressings: Lemon Salad Dressing Recipe
Lemons are great to have on hand to squeeze on top of fish, chicken, veggies, salad — you name it!
One of my favorite lemon-y recipes is my Aunt Kath’s lemon salad dressing. I love it so much that I asked her to write up a quick post for Kitchenability so she could share it with all of you!
From my Aunt Kath:
Lemon Salad Dressing Recipe
Note: You will need a food processor for this recipe
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp dijon musard
- dash of red wine vinegar (to taste)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
A good way to balance the acidity and sweetness of your dressing: 1 part vinegar to 3 parts olive oil
1. Mix shallot, dijon mustard, and red wine vinegar together in food processor.
2. After everything’s mixed, add lemon juice to taste.
3. Drizzle olive oil in the mixture (about 2 tbsp); Add more if needed.
4. You can always add parsley and/or fresh thyme to the dressing too — get creative!
Photo Source: By CocteauBoy