Toaster Oven Recipe: Mini Veggie English Muffin Pizzas
My mini English muffin pizzas make fun, quick after-school snacks for the kiddos, as well as tasty, grab-and-go bites for the busy college student or worker bee.
They’re especially easy to make if you have a toaster oven. Just slice the English muffins in half, throw on some toppings of your choice and toss them in the toaster.
In fact, these mini muffins got me thinking about toaster over recipes in general. Some other standby items that can be easily made in a toaster over include: quesadillas, breakfast bagels, tuna melts, grilled cheese sandwiches, cinnamon toast and more.
How about you? What do you make in your toaster oven?
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half
- ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 3-4 fresh baby spinach leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Core, clean and de-seed the green bell pepper, and then dice; slice tomato; wash and pull stems off the spinach leaves.
- Cut the English muffins in half and place an even distribution of mozzarella cheese on each half.
- Next, top with green bell pepper, Roma tomato slices, and baby spinach.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizzas are golden brown.
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography