Rice Cooker Recipe: Spaghetti & Veggies
Remember how I said I went nuts cooking leading up to Hurricane Sandy? Well, I wasn’t kidding. My rice cooker really got a work out! This is another quick and easy rice cooker recipe that can be whipped up in the smallest of kitchens. All you need is a rice cooker and a knife to chop up your veggies.
This is another great meal that can be cooked in bulk at the beginning of the week and eaten either hot or cold for mini meals throughout.
Rice Cooker Spaghetti and Veggies Recipe
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- Veggies of your choice (zucchini pictured)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 2 tsp fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried
- a pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 1 jar of tomato sauce of your choice
1. Pour water into the rice cooker and allow the water to get to a high simmer, very close to a boil
2. Add in pasta and watch closely; boil till al dente (just a tad under done)
3. Pull and drain pasta
Veggies: Chop and steam the veggies separately, with 1 tsp oregano and salt/pepper to taste
For the sauce, I made my Ridiculously Easy Tomato Sauce from Kitchenability 101:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes diced or 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed chopped
1. Pour olive oil in rice cooker, add in tomatoes and garlic and simmer for 10 min
Finally, add pasta and veggies back into the rice cooker, stir and then serve! If desired, top with a little Parmesan cheese — and enjoy!