Summertime Asparagus Salad Recipe
I’m always looking for new summery side dishes to bring to picnics and BBQs, or just to enjoy with a weeknight meal at home.
This summer salad is easy, healthy, and delicious. You can either toss the asparagus on the grill, or follow my stove top instructions below. Then, simply mix the asparagus with some fresh garden tomatoes and mozzarella, drizzle some balsamic glaze on top, and… voila!
For more summertime salad ideas, try my Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad, my Remixed Caprese Salad with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, my Easy Macaroni Salad with Herb Garden Vinaigrette, or my Grilled Watermelon Salad. Yum!
- 1 bunch asparagus, cooked and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 3 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cook asparagus in a sauté pan with olive oil, salt, and pepper for about 5 to 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Chop up mozzarella and tomato and place in a bowl.
- When asparagus is done, chop up asparagus and add it to the bowl.
- Mix salad ingredients together and then coat with the balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran