Sweet Chili Cranberry Meatballs Appetizer Recipe
March 9 is National Meatball Day!
To celebrate, consider making my Sweet Chili Cranberry Meatballs appetizer recipe. It’s a fun dish for parties that adds a tasty twist to the standard meatball-and-toothpick app.
The recipe calls for using frozen turkey meatballs, which I recommend because it will make the dish a lot healthier….which means you can feel good about gobbling up more than one!
This recipe was featured on Forbes.com, in their article Top 10 Most Original Cranberry Recipe Ideas. Exciting!
- 1 (16-oz) can of jellied cranberry sauce
- 1½ cups of sweet chili sauce
- 2 (12-oz) packages of frozen precooked turkey meatballs
- 2½ Tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Place cranberry sauce and sweet chili sauce in sauce pot or slow cooker over low heat.
- Mix the cranberry sauce and sweet chili together until combined.
- Add in the brown sugar and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Allow the sauce to slowly warm, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in frozen meatballs. Cover and cook the sauce and meatballs together on low for about 45 minutes until warmed through and cranberry/chili flavor has infused the meatballs.
- Stir occasionally with a rubber spatula, being sure to scrape down the sides of the pot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography