5 Cool Treats for Summer
This warm summer weather puts me in the mood for something cool, refreshing and delicious. And these five recipes are just that. Try one and let me know what you think! (Note: Click the recipe titles to view the full recipe posts.)
1. Mint Iced Tea: Add fresh mint to your homemade iced tea recipe to add some extra refreshing flavor. Or, try one of the other iced tea recipes I compiled from some of your (other) favorite recipe blogs.
2. Frozen Smoothie Ice Pops: I love these. Just make your favorite, healthy smoothie recipe, pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze! They make great afternoon snacks on a hot summer day.
3. Hot Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream: You know you want to try it! It’s one of my favorite creations. Click through for the recipe!
4. Jungle Juice: I blogged about this recipe for Parade Magazine. It’s a refreshing and boozy treat that’s especially great for poolside sipping.
5. Homemade Milkshake: This is another cool treat I like to make during the summer. I mean, I like to make them year-round, but they’re especially tasty when it’s hot out! In this post, you’ll learn how to make your milkshakes a bit healthier, so you can enjoy them without all of the full-calorie guilt.
What are some other warm-weather treats you like to make? Let me know in the comments section below!
Photo: Patrick Onofre Photography