Apple and Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This easy-to-follow seasonal soup recipe makes the perfect wintertime warm-up.
It features flavorful roasted butternut squash, sweet and tart Honeycrisp apples, sautéed onion and spices. Blend it until it’s smooth and serve.
Pair it with a sandwich or enjoy it alone on a cool afternoon.
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ Tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ box chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil as needed
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Place chopped squash on an oven-safe pan and drizzle with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast butternut squash in the oven for 45 minutes till tender. Once done, set aside.
- Sauté onions in a pot with garlic. Add in sliced apples, nutmeg, tarragon and parsley. Sauté till onions and apples are tender. Once tender, add in butternut squash and stir.
- Add chicken stock to the pot and bring mixture to a slight boil. Once at a slight boil, turn the heat off.
- Place the soup in a large food processor or a heat-safe blender. I used my Ninja blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding in a little more chicken stock if needed to smooth it out to your desired texture.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran