My husband came up with this recipe for ginger margaritas and was kind enough to lend it out to feature on the blog. He’s so amazing!
They’re so delicious I don’t know if I can drink a regular margarita and enjoy it as much anymore. I love the accent of the ginger flavor and the homemade simple syrup element.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 parts ginger simple syrup
- 1 part juice of a lime
- 1 part tequila
- In a pot, pour in water and heat to a slight simmer. Add in the sugar and mix well until the sugar dissolves. Then, add in in the chopped ginger.
- Turn heat down low and allow the ginger to steep for 10 minutes. This will help the ginger release all of its flavor into the simple syrup.
- Filter out the the chopped ginger with a strainer or coffee filter. Pour simple syrup in a container and refrigerate until you're ready to use.
- Mix ingredients together well.
- Serve up or on the rocks, garnish with a lime, and enjoy!
For some other homemade cocktails ideas, try my Gin & Tonic with Cucumber or The Chelsea Handler (a pomegranate martini recipe that’s featured in Kitchenability 101).
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran
Tags: cocktail recipes, easy cocktail recipes, easy margarita recipe, ginger margarita, ginger margaritas, ginger simple syrup, healthy margarita recipe, homemade simple syrup, how to make ginger simple syrup, how to make simple syrup, margarita recipe, simple syrup, simple syrup recipe, simple syrup recipe for margaritas