Great for Grilling: Cochran BBQ Sauce Recipe
Billy and I decided to create a deliciously easy BBQ sauce that we both love! It has just enough of a kick, yet it’s not too spicy, so it’s a good sauce for most people.
Also, we loved using A&B’s American Style Pepper Sauce in it! It’s fantastic. I picked up a jar of it at the Brooklyn foodie flea market Smorgasburg on my trip to NYC last year, but you can also order it online.
Give this sauce a try during this upcoming grilling season. I can’t wait to hear what you think of it! I think it’d be great on chicken, ribs, pork, etc. Let me know how you decide to use it!
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp A&B American Style Pepper Sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp liquid hickory smoke
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- Mix the first 9 ingredients together on medium heat and stir well. Then, add in the sugar and honey.
- Once it has reached a slight bubble, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will allow all of the flavors to develop!
- Enjoy right away or jar and cool!
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran