Grilled Cheese Recipe with Apple Butter, Bacon and Brie
Happy National Grilled Cheese Day!
In fact, April is National Grilled Cheese Month. And for me, it definitely means this is a great month to experiment with different grilled cheese recipes. And experiment I did. I wasn’t sure if the gourmet grilled cheese sandwich I concocted below would taste as good as all of the ingredients sounded on their own, but it was delicious!
Give it a try, and experiment with some grilled cheese sandwich combinations of your own!
Note: This recipe was originally posted on my blog at Parade Magazine.
- 2 thick slices artisan white bread
- 2 thin slices brie cheese, rind cut off
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 Tbsp apple butter
- Butter, as needed
- Cook bacon till crispy, and then set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- In a large pan, place one slice of bread, butter side down. Top with apple butter, brie cheese, and cooked bacon. Then, top with the second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Over medium heat, cook for about 2½ minutes on each side of the sandwich, until bread is golden brown and cheese is fully melted.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran