I love Halloween. Even though I am a “scaredy cat” about haunted houses, creepy hay rides and mazes, I love the whole experience of Halloween. I love dressing up, the fall weather, and of course the fall treats.
Over the years I have enjoyed dressing up in a variety of different costumes. The majority of which have been handmade.
Two of my favorite couples costumes (yep, my boyfriend and I like to dress us together) have been: iPod head phones, and a tree and a lumberjack. Gotta love the couples costumes! But, I know what you’re really here for: Halloween treats!
Pumpkin Muffins are one of my favorite Halloween recipes. They’re easy to make and they’re very portable, so you can bring them to any Halloween party to delight your friends. Here’s the recipe:
Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
For the muffins:
3 1/3 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 cup veg. oil
2/3 cup water
2 cups of can pumpkin
For the frosting:
8 oz block of cream cheese
3-4 cups of powdered sugar
splash of milk
2 tsp vanilla
Note: Mix dry ingredients separate from the wet ingredients. Then, mix them together, slowly adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl, set aside
3. In a second bowl, add pumpkin, water, veg. oil and eggs; slowly add sugar to mixture along with cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
4. Once mixed well, slowly start to add the dry ingredients, by 1/2 cup fulls, to the wet ingredients
5. Use electric mixer to fully mix through
6. Place paper cupcake holders in a muffin tin and pour batter into holders
7. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes
8. While the muffins are in the oven, start making the frosting
9. Place the cream cheese in a bowl and beat it with a splash of milk for a smoother consistency
10. Once smooth, slowly add in powdered sugar and vanilla
11. Once frosting is at the right consistency, cover the bowl and set aside
12. Once muffins are done, do not ice right away since muffins will be too hot
13. Allow muffins to cool up to 40 mins and then frost!
Tags: cream cheese frosting recipe, dessert recipes, easy pumpkin muffins, fun halloween recipes, halloween dessert recipes, halloween food recipes, halloween recipe ideas, halloween recipes, kitchenability recipes, pumpkin muffins