Holiday Recipes: Peppermint Bark Ice Cream Recipe
I love eating peppermint bark during the holiday season.
The three main ingredients in traditional peppermint bark are chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed candy canes. For this recipe, which was originally featured on my Parade Magazine blog, I used those ingredients, just in a different way, making a delicious, holiday-style ice cream!
Serve it with some hot fudge and extra crushed candy cane pieces on top. Mmmm… Enjoy!
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped clean (only use what's inside the vanilla bean and toss the rest)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup candy canes, crushed
- 5 Tbsp hot fudge, unheated
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla extract. Mix well with a whisk till sugar is fully dissolved, and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour vanilla mixture into an ice cream maker. While the ice cream maker is running, add in crushed candy canes, unheated hot fudge, and white chocolate morsels.
- Allow the Ice cream to run in the ice-cream maker till it is at a soft-serve-like consistency.
- Once it's at a soft-serve consistency, you may serve it then and enjoy, or freeze overnight for a more traditional ice cream texture.
- Top with a little extra heated hot fudge and crushed candy canes (optional).
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran