7 Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
July is National Ice Cream Month! Basically, this means it is your duty as an American to eat ice cream all month long.
To help you with this noble cause, I have rounded up a selection of homemade ice cream recipes I’ve concocted over the years. To view the recipes, simply click the recipe names below. And, I’m including an easy-to-share, printable recipe card for my Whiskey Peaches with Brown Sugar and Honey Ice Cream. YUM!
Ice Cream Recipes & Desserts
Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream (from my Parade Magazine blog)
Sweet Strawberry Sorbet (ok, technically not ice cream, but close enough!)
Butterfinger Ice Cream (feel free to improvise using your favorite candy bar!)
Peppermint Bark Ice Cream (who says you can’t eat this holiday-inspired treat year round?)
- 1 cup American honey whiskey
- 7 peaches, sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Place peaches in a bowl. Pour whiskey over top, then follow with the sugar.
- Allow peaches to marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk everything together till fully incorporated.
- Place mixture into an ice cream mixer. Allow to run in ice cream mixer for 20-30 minutes.
- Once at a soft-serve-like constancy, slowly add in ½ your whiskey peaches, while the ice-cream mixer is still mixing.
- Allow to freeze overnight (or serve soft).
- Top with extra whiskey peaches and serve.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran