Hot Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream
Nothing hits the spot on a hot summer day like a cool scoop of ice cream.
This is my incredibly simple and easy to make recipe for what I like to call Hot Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream.
It’s a lot healthier than your typical ice cream recipe, since it’s made with yogurt instead of cream and sugar. So, it’s one your waist line will thank you for — and, it tastes just as good!
If you love hot chocolate with marshmallows, then you will love this dessert. You get a little taste of marshmallow, like you would in a hot chocolate, and even that super creamy taste, but you are eating it instead of drinking it and…it’s cold. Sounds intriguing, right?
Note: I recommend using an ice cream maker for this recipe. But, if you don’t have one, you can mix the ingredients in a bowl and toss it in the freezer overnight.
- 2 ½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp Swiss Mix (powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- Place the Greek yogurt and Swiss mix in a bowl and stir until it is combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and fluff and stir (again) until everything is fully incorporated.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and turn it on. Let it run until the yogurt reaches the proper consistency (like the consistency of a soft serve ice cream cone).
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, place the mixture in a freezer-safe bowl, cover tightly and let chill overnight. It will be harder than soft serve, but will still have the same great flavor.
Photo: Nisa Burns