Nothing hits the spot on a hot summer day like a cool scoop of ice cream.
This is my incredibly simple and easy to make recipe for what I like to call Hot Chocolate Greek Yogurt Ice Cream.
It’s a lot healthier than your typical ice cream recipe, since it’s made with yogurt instead of cream and sugar. So, it’s one your waist line will thank you for — and, it tastes just as good!
If you love hot chocolate with marshmallows, then you will love this dessert. You get a little taste of marshmallow, like you would in a hot chocolate, and even that super creamy taste, but you are eating it instead of drinking it and…it’s cold. Sounds intriguing, right?
Note: I recommend using an ice cream maker for this recipe. But, if you don’t have one, you can mix the ingredients in a bowl and toss it in the freezer overnight.
- 2 ½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup and 2 Tbsp Swiss Mix (powder)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp marshmallow fluff
- Place the Greek yogurt and Swiss mix in a bowl and stir until it is combined.
- Add in the vanilla extract, chocolate chips, and fluff and stir (again) until everything is fully incorporated.
- Place the mixture in an ice cream maker and turn it on. Let it run until the yogurt reaches the proper consistency (like the consistency of a soft serve ice cream cone).
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, place the mixture in a freezer-safe bowl, cover tightly and let chill overnight. It will be harder than soft serve, but will still have the same great flavor.
Photo: Nisa Burns
Tags: frozen yogurt recipes, greek yogurt ice cream, greek yogurt ice cream recipe, hot chocolate frozen yogurt recipe, hot chocolate ice cream, hot chocolate ice cream recipe, ice cream recipes, yogurt ice cream, yogurt ice cream recipe