4 Peanut Butter Recipes for National Peanut Butter Day
January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day!
To celebrate, I am rounding up a few Kitchenability peanut butter recipes, like my Easy Nutella Peanut Butter Truffles, my Chocolate-Drenched Marshmallow (and peanut butter!) Brownies, my Banana Cinnamon (and peanut butter!) Waffle Sandwiches and my Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
I am including the homemade truffles recipe below, but follow the recipe links above to view the other recipes.
What are your favorite peanut butter recipes? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below!
- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 13 oz container Nutella
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a small pot, place the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter on low.
- Once the chocolate is a smooth consistency, add in 3 tbsp of Nutella and stir.
- Then, add in the heavy cream and stir until the mixture is very smooth.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place the bowl into the freezer for about 1½ hours until mixture is firm.
- Take mixture out of freezer.
- Take out a baking sheet and place parchment paper on it.
- Scoop the mixture into firm balls and place on parchment paper.
- Place the formed truffles back in freezer for 30-45min -- making sure they are very firm.
- Put the remaining Nutella and ¼ cup peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave for about 35 seconds. Stir, and then zap again for 15 seconds until you get a nice, smooth consistency.
- Dip each frozen truffle into the hot mixture and place back onto the parchment paper.
- Dust with powdered sugar and place back in the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran