Simple Fried Chicken and Waffles Recipe
Chicken and waffles is a classic comfort food combo.
You’ll love this easy-to-follow recipe that’s filled with shortcuts, like using frozen waffles! Really, you just need to focus on whipping up some delicious, fried and flavorful chicken tenders, by following my instructions below. Then, quickly toast up some frozen waffles, place your fried chicken on top, add butter and syrup, and you’re ready to eat!
- 4 chicken tenders
- 4 frozen waffles
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cayenne
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Butter, to taste
- Syrup, to taste
- Parsley (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together flour, ground cayenne, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat 2 eggs together to make an egg wash.
- Take your chicken tenders and first coat them in the egg wash, and then coat fully in the flour mixture. Repeat this process until all the chicken tenders are coated.
- Put oil in a large pot and place on medium to high heat. Allow oil to heat up.
- Carefully drop the chicken tenders into the oil. Turn them occasionally while cooking. Allow them to cook 5-10 minutes till golden brown.
- Toast 4 frozen waffles. Place waffles on a plate and top with fried chicken tenders, butter, syrup, and parsley (optional).
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran