Summer Salads: Grilled Watermelon Salad Recipe
Summertime is all about grilling… everything. And that includes watermelon!
This grilled watermelon salad recipe simply screams summer, making it a great side dish for pretty much any backyard affair. The spinach, feta, and balsamic glaze really balance out the sweetness of the watermelon nicely—yum!
So, next time you fire up the grill, give this recipe a try!
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into triangles
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 6 oz fresh leafy spinach
- 4 tsp feta cheese
- Balsamic glaze, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Cut watermelon into triangles.
- Lightly salt and sprinkle fresh dill on top of the watermelon.
- Place watermelon on the grill. Allow the watermelon to grill for about 10 minutes, until char marks appear.
- Place about 2 ounces of leafy spinach on each plate. Then, top with a few slices of the grilled watermelon.
- Sprinkle about a teaspoon of feta cheese on top of each serving and drizzle with balsamic glaze (as needed) over the top.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran