Tequila-Spiked BBQ Sauce Recipe
Memorial Day is fast approaching—also known as the official kick-off to BBQ season. So, I’ve been playing around with some BBQ recipes in my kitchen lately, with the latest share-worthy concoction being this sweet, tequila-spiked BBQ sauce.
I slathered it on some chicken, prior to tossing it on the grill, and it was delicious! But, I think it would also taste really good on something like pulled pork. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Happy grilling season!
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 shots Lunazul tequila
- In a large pot, mix together ketchup, olive oil, brown sugar, and molasses.
- Once mixed, follow with all the spices.
- Add in red wine vinegar and tequila and mix well.
- Simmer mixture on low for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the flavor to develop.
- Once sauce is done, use to top any protein of your choice.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran