Thanksgiving Recipes: Sausage and Mushroom Stuffing Recipe
I wanted to share one final Thanksgiving recipe with you before the flurry of food, friends, family and festivities commences tomorrow.
This recipe was originally posted on my Parade blog. It’s a family recipe from my Gram (my stepmother’s mom), which was handed down to her from her mother. So, it’s been well tested over time and with great results — it’s delicious!
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving! And, check back after the holiday — I’ll be posting some great leftover turkey recipes next week!
- 1 (12-oz) bag seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 sticks butter
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Pre-heat oven to 350℉.
- Sauté onions and celery together with butter in a large pot or pan till translucent. Once translucent, add in mushrooms and mix well.
- Pour chicken broth in with the celery, onions and mushrooms.
- Cook pork sausage till done in a separate pan. Drain all juices.
- Add cooked sausage to the onion-celery mixture. Mix well.
- Add in seasoned stuffing cubes and mix well till cubes are moist and everything is combined well.
- Rub the sides of a casserole dish with butter. Then, pour stuffing in casserole dish. Bake covered for 20 min, and then uncovered for 10 minutes till golden brown.
Photo: Nisa Burns Cochran